Re: When did SKOS namespace change, and why?

Hi Bernard,

2008/05/skos is not downwards compatible with 2004/02/skos!
E.g.skos:subject is discontinued, and there is no class TopConcept any more.

So you shouldn't just change a namespace without considering the need of
further changes in structure, if you want to do so.

I'm not really sure about "any solid reason for such a change", I only
see this has not been guided by a wise versioning policy :-)
This raises the question if we would need some guidelines for Ontology
governance.

Anyway, http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core# still is a cool uri!
You don't have to change anything.

Best, Thomas

--
Thomas Bandholtz, thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com, http://www.innoq.com
innoQ Deutschland GmbH, Halskestr. 17, D-40880 Ratingen, Germany