Re: Tool to create SKOS

Hello Javier

Congratulations and thanks for making this tool available. I have
started to play around with it, and it's globally nice and efficient. I
was able to import a multilingual thesaurus I'm currently maintaining,
and everything works OK so far, edition, import and export, after I have
eventually figured out the metadata configuration, which is not
completely obvious.

I have just a minor issue with "skos:ConceptScheme" and "skos:inScheme"
which are not handled properly and not documented in the manual, as far
as I have found. My original "inScheme" values are all killed and
replaced by a value apparently generated by concatenation of the
Thesaurus short name and a default namespace, like
"http://iaaa.unizar.es/thesaurus/My Thesaurus".
And, as happens here, if the Thesaurus short name contains white space,
this value is not even a valid URI :-( .
And if you have several different ConceptScheme referred to in the
original file, they are all lost.
I've no problem with importing and managing only one concept scheme at a
time, though, but I would be happy to keep its original URI :-) .

Anyway, great job altogether. I'm sure you will fix the last missing
bits and pieces, and that your tool will ease SKOS adoption by Thesaurus
editors.

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant