Re: notes at contepts vs notes at terms

Mark,

Yes, what you makes say makes sense, but only if we are allowed to enter in
a SKOS structure a non-preferred concept (Scientific research), and link
that concept to a preferred concept (Research). The term 'Scientific
research' then becomes a prefLabel for a non-preferred concept, i.e. a
concept that is specifically excluded from the thesaurus. And if you accept
that 'Scientific research' labels a non-preferred concept, does that mean
that an altLabel that is a "lonely term" doesn't label a non-preferred
concept? How do we make this distinction?

I don't think this is a helpful avenue to pursue. This whole approach is a
long and very slippery slope, as we discovered within the BS8723 working
group when we tried to replace 'term' with 'concept'.

Ron