From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Miles, AJ
(Alistair)
Sent: 03 May 2005 19:55
To: Ron Davies; Mark van Assem; public-esw-thes@w3.org
Subject: RE: Quick Guide to Publishing a Thesaurus on the Semantic Web

How's this:

<snip>
Most thesauri are managed via a thesaurus management system.  Where the
thesaurus management system stores its data in a relational database, or
in an XML or structured text file format, or where the standard output
of the thesaurus management system is an XML or structured text format,
it is usually possible to create an RDF representation of the thesaurus
via an automated procedure (e.g. database report, text parsing program,
XSLT transformation). </snip>

??

Cheers,

Al.

P.S. I'm becoming aware that the Quick Guide could be an awful lot
better, and want to have a good look at it in the next publication
iteration, but I think the thing for now is to get this published and
then use it as a base for comment and feedback :)