FW: SKOS public working drafts

-----Original Message-----
From: Søren Roug [mailto:Soren.Roug@eea.eu.int]
Sent: 07 June 2005 15:11
To: Miles, AJ (Alistair)
Subject: RE: SKOS public working drafts

Hi Alistair,

Yes, GEMET work is stalled at the moment. We just respond when someone wants a copy of it.

About SKOS: It certainly has grown since I last looked at it.

I'm surprised the altSymbol has foaf:Image as range. The Image class in http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/ seems more appropiate. After all, Dublin Core elements are more likely to be known by thesauri developers than FOAF.

There are other references to FOAF. To me FOAF is not a useful way to refer to person information. It lacks a class for OrganizationalRole (allthough Agent could be abused for that), and persons can't have affiliation, post-in-organization, telephone, postal address or jobtitle.

In addition, FOAF seems rather unstable as a specification to rely on.

--
Sincerely yours / Med venlig hilsen, Søren Roug <soren.roug@eea.eu.int>
European Environment Agency, Kongens Nytorv 6, DK-1050 Copenhagen K