Re: Quick Guide to Publishing a Thesaurus on the Semantic Web

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 05:05:33PM +0100, Mark van Assem wrote:
> >form.  However, I think we should avoid giving the impression
> >that this is anything similar to or as automatic as a
> >file-format conversion.  Lots of people think of XML and
> > RDF not as different models, but as different file formats,
> > so I can easily picture someone thinking they could select
> > "File -> Save As: SKOS".
>
> I very much agree. Wouldn't the Quick Guide be a good place to make this
> point explicit and save people the work of finding that out themselves?

Yes, I agree this should be one of the basic messages of the
Quick Guide.

> It's then natural to also direct them to material that explains the
> pitfalls of conversion (and how to get around them).

Hmm, I was thinking the Quick Guide might not have the space
to go into the description of many pitfalls.

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                        Thomas.Baker@izb.fraunhofer.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven         mobile +49-160-9664-2129