RE: new draft of SKOS Core guide

Hi Thomas,

> what happened to the section "extended semantic relation properties"?
> If we drop that, we will not support anything else but thesauri.

I tentatively decided to drop this section for the moment, to be put back in the next draft, or to be published in a separate document.  I dropped it for the current draft because there was some discussion about what it means to 'extend' SKOS Core, and I couldn't see how to resolve it immediately.

The Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment Working Group wants to be able to move the guide to first working draft at a meeting this thursday, which means it has to be approved by the reviewers today (tuesday) or tomorrow at the very latest (and I'm praying that Mark Van Assem is back from snowboarding :) - hence the decision to (temporarily) drop anything still under discussion.

But the 'extensibility' of SKOS Core is a very important feature, and I believe we should publish something about how to 'extend' SKOS Core as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Al.