RE: working around the identity crisis

Hi Patrick, all,

Patrick wrote:
> Consider:
>
> The URI http://swdev.nokia.com/test/foo identifies a concept "Foo".
>
> The URI http://swdev.nokia.com/test/foo.html identifies a document
> which provides information about the concept.
>
> Both share the same representation (i.e. resolving either of the
> above URIs will result in the same octet stream).
>
> However, the relationship between those two resources, that
> the first shares the representations of the latter, are defined
> in terms of the property http://sw.nokia.com/WebArch-1/resolvesAs
> rather than conneg.

for a property with identical (I think) semantics to the 'resolvesAs'
property you describe above, to be part of the SKOS Core vocab [1].  The
actual name suggested was http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#resolveTo
although I wasn't sure if (a) that was the best name for it or (b) whether
it was a useful thing.

This property was also suggested as a superprop for the
'skos:subjectIndicator' property which is currently in SKOS Core.  The idea
was that 'skos:resolveTo' points you to some sort of document, and
'skos:subjectIndicator' points to you a document which qualifies as a
published subject indicator as defined by OASIS (i.e. guarantees to provide
a complete and unambiguous description of the 'subject' i.e. resource in
question).

I would very much like to know:

(1) Do you think it is worth putting such a property in SKOS Core, or should
we just use the 'resolvesAs' prop from your nokia namespace?

(2) If you do think it's worth adding something to SKOS Core, what's the
best idea for a local name?

(3) Does the property hierarchy described above seem sensible, or not?

Thanks,

Alistair.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/