Modelling 'entry terms' in SKOS

Doug & Ceri wrote:

> 7. There is little notion here of the Entry Vocabulary, and
> the various relationships between concepts and terms. Was
> there a reason for this? It's a very important aspect of a
> thesaurus and may(?) be a critical issue for gaining
> acceptance of  a standard in some traditional thesaurus
> circles.
>
> a) I see the general point and agree that the longterm
> solution is making connections with standards in the
> Linguistic community. However we would tend to argue that
> relying only on labels results in an impoverished model of a
> thesaurus? Essentially a thesaurus contains a pragmatic
> domain-specific lexicon in the entry vocab, equivalence
> relationships and scope notes. It's one of the reasons why
> the thesaurus has been such a useful tool over many years and
> arguably a weakness of some purely concept-based
> 'ontological' efforts. Could we bring in some version of the
> Equivalence relationship to SKOS, or alternatively have more
> properties regarding terms?

I always assumes that the set of altLabels for a concept would constitute
the entry vocabulary (entry terms) for a concept.  So for example (from GCL
[1]):

<skos:Concept rdf:about="[someURI]">
	<skos:prefLabel>Equal opportunities and diversity</skos:prefLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Positive discrimination (equal
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Racial discrimination (education
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Racial discrimination (employment
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Racial equality</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Religious discrimination (education and
employment)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Sexual discrimination (education
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Sexual discrimination (employment
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Discrimination by sex, race, religion
etc.</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Diversity (equal opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:altLabel>Affirmative action (equal
opportunities)</skos:altLabel>
	<skos:inScheme rdf:resource="[URI of GCL]"/>
</skos:Concept>

Al.

[1] http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/schemasstandards/gcl.asp