RE: Design Issue (4) - constraining 'descriptor'/'prefLabel' card inality for multilingual thesauri

From: Cayzer, Steve <Steve.Cayzer@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:03:52 -0000
To: "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@w3.org>, "Miles, AJ (Alistair) " <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Clarification to my mail.

Steve

That was the intention behind my suggestion [1]
ie 'alternative' != rdf:Alt.

> Backing up a bit, is there a lot of value in having a cardinality
> constraint on soks:descriptor?

So using xml language tags to avoid the RDF clumsiness in [2]. Cool.

Steve

[1]
<concept>
	:hasDescriptor [:alternative [:inLanguage <French>; :value "chaud"];
:alternative [:inLanguage <English>; :value "hot"]] .
[2]
<concept>
   :hasDescriptor [:inLanguage <French>; :value "chaud"];
   :hasDescriptor [:inLanguage <English>; :value "hot"] .