Re: Let's introduce ourselves

From: Pablo Nolla - Spanda Editorial <pablo@spandaeditorial.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 12:20:35 +0100
Cc: W3C EPUB 3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>, Zheng Xu <zxu@gardenia-corp.com>
To: Arthur Attwell <arthur@arthurattwell.com>
Hi!

My name is Pablo Nolla and I live between Stockholm and Madrid.
Together with a small team, since 2012 I’ve been doing books –design and typesetting– without Indesign, using instead a quite peculiar self-made workflow that can produce ePubs, PDFs for print and HTML microsites out of XHTML/CSS/JS files.

We’d love see the ePub format merging more with modern web technologies, reliying on standard browsers to render pages predictively across platforms and devices, instead of the often obscure and pesky ecosystem of different reader apps displaying the content in different ways.

We are very interested in ePub bilingual editions that could use current web tech to deliver useful content and UI, specially those involving synch audio with media overlays.

 All the best!

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Pablo Nolla
+34 616 476 779
pablo@spandaeditorial.com
spandaeditorial.com <https://www.spandaeditorial.com/>

> Le 15 mars 2022 à 15:43 +0000, Zheng Xu <zxu@gardenia-corp.com <mailto:zxu@gardenia-corp.com>>, a écrit :
>> Hi folks
>>
>> Some of you might have noticed that I started to ask new joined members to introduce themselves shortly.
>>
>> Actually I think maybe it's also a good time to introduce ourselves to new members and each other as well since the CG started to be active during covid and I think a lot of us did not know each other and might have missed some of the PCG meetings (which is totally fine).
>>
>> Ok, I will run a quick introduction of myself.
>>
>> My name is Zheng Xu. I am located in Ottawa (Canada) and founder of Gardenia Corp (a digital reading system firm).
>> I joined PCG because I hope I could help with prototyping new reading experiences, test new concepts and most importantly - make them into a real product or spec to benefit digital book readers.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Zheng

Sello-OK-small-175.png
(image/png attachment: Sello-OK-small-175.png)