RE: Let's introduce ourselves

From: <chagnon@pubcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:03:52 -0400
To: "'W3C EPUB 3 Community Group'" <public-epub3@w3.org>
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a lurker on various W3C accessibility lists for many years and an occasional contributor.

I’m a former web developer, programmer, and graphic designer who now specializes in accessible documents — MS Office, Adobe InDesign, PDFs, and EPUBs.

My firm consults with countless government agencies, corporations, publishers, and academic institutions worldwide. But I don’t want to leave out a significant group in publishing: independent writers, designers, and publishers.

Been working on accessibility for digital information since the mid-90s, and it has become my firm’s central focus for the past 20 years.

I’m a US delegate to the ISO committees for PDF (ISO 32000), PDF/A (Archival ISO 19005) and PDF/UA (ISO 19429). In this forum, I listen to your conversations and take away a lot of your wisdom, and often bring that into our PDF working group discussions.

—Bevi Chagnon

— — —

Bevi Chagnon  | Designer, Accessibility Technician |   <mailto:Chagnon@PubCom.com> Chagnon@PubCom.com

— — —

PubCom: Technologists for Accessible Design + Publishing

consulting • training • development • design • sec. 508 services

Upcoming classes at  <http://www.pubcom.com/classes> www.PubCom.com/classes

— — —

 <https://mailchi.mp/e694edcdfadd/class-discount-3266574> Latest blog-newsletter –  <https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_07-20/alt-text_part-1.shtml> Simple Guide to Writing Alt-Text