From: Liam R. E. Quin <liam@fromoldbooks.org>
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 2:28 PM
To: W3C EPUB 3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Let's introduce ourselves
[EXTERNAL] This message comes from an external organization.

Hello!

I've mostly been lurking here since i left W3C (after 17 years) in
2018, where i had led a lot of the XML work.

These days i mostly work for Paligo AB in Sweden, and do XSLT training
and XSLT/XML/XQuery consulting via Delightful Computing.

Why lurk? The state of epub and ebooks is very disappointing to me, and
although a lot of that is down to readers and devices, a lot also is
from missed opportunities, ranging from cross-book linking and domain-
specific searching through to typography & accessibility. A W3C Working
Group isn't usually a good place for leaps in forward design, since you
can't make a standard around experiments, but where else to watch &
sometimes gently prod people behind the scenes?

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org