Re: Let's introduce ourselves

Dear colleagues,

I am Wolfgang Schindler from PONS-Langenscheidt in Stuttgart (Germany)
where I have been working for 33 years. We are a leading international
dictionary publisher with affiliates in several European countries and
extensive online dictionary resources, most of them freely accessible.

I am a computational linguist and responsible for the XML workflows in our
company. I'm also one of the co-authors of IDPF's "Dictionaries and
Glossaries" spec. I am a member of the W3C Publishing Business Group and
co-chair this Publishing Community Group.

I'm highly interested in the further development of EPUB as an open,
standards-based publication format and its possible expansion to the Web.
Bridging the gap between user's needs and technical solutions and improving
the user experience for each user - think of A11Y - is important to me.

Cheers,
Wolfgang