Re: The correct formatting style of the word 'epub'

Yes, some very smart techies officially settled on EPUB years ago as the
official usage. But in the TeleRead blog, I’ve personally continued to
stick to ePub. ALL CAPS looks UGLY. It SHOUTS.

If we boosters want to please consumers, as well as the English majors who
run so much of the publishing industry, then let’s consider ePub at least
as an officially permitted option.

Both Publishers Weekly and The New York Times have often used ePub. In both
cases, it might even be the most common way.

Let’s care about popular usage and expanding name recognition so we’re more
competitive against Kindle formats in the U.S. and other places where they
dominate.

The market just might be telling us something.

David

David H. Rothman
Editor-Publisher-Founder, TeleRead.org
(An early popularizer of the ePub format)