From: Bill Kasdorf <kasdorf.bill@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 9:56 AM
To: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Cc: Cay Horstmann <cay@horstmann.com>; public-epub3@w3.org
Subject: Re: EPUB for Education JavaScript API

Let’s not lose track of this! I’ve long suspected that there may be implementations of past (or even paused-but-current) work that we’re not aware of, and that we don’t have good ways of finding out about.—Bill

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 5:28 PM Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com <mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com> > wrote:

> Does anyone know if the API, as described in the draft spec, is likely to be standardized in the reasonably near future?

My best guess would be no, at least for the reasonably near future part. There were a number of IDPF specs that didn't get finished before the merger, edupub being one of them, and it's not clear which, if any, will be taken up again. There were discussions about decomposing edupub into smaller parts, but not sure what became of that.

A question for the ongoing charter discussions.

Matt