Vr and Ar in publishing

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 15:28:58 -0600
To: "Read 2. 0 list" <read20-l@mailman.panix.com>, "W3C EPUB 3 Community Group" <public-epub3@w3.org>
Dear Read 2.0 and EPUB 3 Community Group,

I recall hearing on the Read 2.0 list that VR and AR in publishing was of
interest to many. I also recall that the Seattle area was a center for this
development.

Below is a link to a W3C workshop that may be of interest. It is in Seattle
November 5 & 6.

Accessibility of AR and VR  in publishing is of high interest, but due to
the 24 hour a day limit, I have not been able to track this.  I would hope
that publishing folks can participate and help to evolve this most
interesting technology in a way that will benefit all, including persons
with disabilities.

https://www.w3.org/2019/08/inclusive-xr-workshop/

Best
George

George Kerscher Ph.D.
-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.
Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech
http://www.benetech.org
President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)
http://www.imls.gov
Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the
W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Cell:+1 406/544-2466