From: Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Sent: August 15, 2019 10:09
To: W3C EPUB3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Documenting EPUB feature requests

Hi,

What W3C CG can do is

- study a profile or extension of W3C Web Annotations for EPUB (starting from https://www.w3.org/TR/wpub-ann I guess),

- define how Web Annotations should be integrated in an EPUB container when this is desirable,

- promote the use of Web Annotations and the Web Annotations Protocol (https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/) in the Publishing industry (-> reading systems).

Best,

Laurent Le Meur / EDRLab

Le 15 août 2019 à 04:25, George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com <mailto:kerscher@montana.com> > a écrit :

Hi,

Annotations are very important for accessibility. Hypothesis is not accessible, but if it were, this could be a great way for Disabled Student Service Offices (DSO) to provided the extended descriptions in EPUB  documents and to we content offered by universities and schools.

Best

George