Re: Documenting EPUB feature requests

Hi,

In recent years, I have been working with academicians in distance education faculties. In these studies, I write awareness articles to increase the use of EPUB3. Turkey's largest distance learning school at the beginning of 2019 EPUB3 (FXL) began to produce. In addition to EPUB3, HTML, PDF and MOBI formats are also available for distance learning students. The preparation of these multiple formats also presents a challenge for universities in terms of economics. When I listen to the wishes and needs of the academicians, I see that there is an important need for development studies on "EPUB + WEB white-paper" https://w3c.github.io/epubweb/ or "EDUPUB".

My ideas about "Documenting EPUB feature requests":

1) In the email of Laurent, the concepts of "basic EPUB" and "advanced EPUB" came to my attention. When I look at the feedback from academics, I named these two concepts as B-EPUB (basic EPUB) and A-EPUB (advanced EPUB). Because A-EPUB is the solution to the needs of distance learning academics:
* Students want to use their own mobile devices or computers
* Easily display content with both web browsers and RS with EDUPUB (or A-EPUB)

2) Academicians are not familiar with technical issues such as CSS when producing content. Therefore, visual aesthetic errors such as "easy reading" occur in the content they produce. QUESTION: Is it possible to make a basic EPUB-CSS document compatible with the semantic language of EPUB3.2 a common standard?

3) Interaction is important. QUESTION: s it possible to make a basic EDUPUB-JS document for JSERS (JavaScript-enabled reading systems) a common standard? Thus, academics think that they can produce a “like a dynamic framework" that can easily provide basic interactions within the content.

4) Academics want to measure a student's "reading performance" in EPUB3. For example, when did the student finish or reopen in the EPUB3? Academicians say that with the ability of EPUB3, it will be an important development to give students a "new performance score". QUESTION: Would it be more reliable to write and deploy a new EDUPUB API (or EPUB3 API) that conforms to standards? (I have knowledge of LMS-LIT commands)

I believe that EPUB3 can improve its future with JS and CSS writing in accordance with standards. Of course, the issues I am talking about may concern reading systems; however, pushing the boundaries will benefit. EPUB3 should be triggering and challenging.

Best regards,
N. Erhan Uzumcu
Art Director and EPUB Designer
TEYTAG Founder
(Turkish Electronic Publishing Design and Research Group - Istanbul, Turkey)
https://independent.academia.edu/NErhanÜzümcü
http://dbookmarksblog.blogspot.com.tr
http://teytagblog.blogspot.com.tr
@ePub3Lib #teytag