RE: Call for Consensus: Publishing EPUB 3.2 as a Final Community Group Report

Isn’t what you’re asking the responsibility of the business group, though? This is only a call for consensus that the CG is done with the revision, as I understand it, akin to what we used to do before requesting the IDPF board approve a specification. I assume the BG can decide on a review period and ask for any issues raised to be resolved before agreeing to publish. It is stated that their job is to ensure full engagement and agreement on the work of the CG among publishing group members.

Matt

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Sent: September 27, 2018 19:58
To: public-epub3@w3.org
Cc: EPUB 3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Call for Consensus: Publishing EPUB 3.2 as a Final Community Group Report

-1

I feel sorry to vote no, especially because I failed to

attend the last teleconf.  I planned to argue against but

I could not wake up at 01:00 AM.

I have nothing against the process and quality of EPUB 3.2.

It is by far the best in the EPUB 3 family.

But I remember that Apple ignored reserved prefixed introduced

as part of EPUB 3.0.1.  They have a reason.  By soliciting

testimonials from key players in this are, I would like to

avoid such an unfortunate situation.  Providing testimonials

is a strong yes vote.

But what happens if such key players find some issues

when we ask them to provide testimonials?  Will we say

"No, we won't fix them.  Too late."?  I would like to postpone

the completion of EPUB 3.2 until we contact key players

and get their testimonials.

Regards,

Makoto