W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-epub3@w3.org > September 2018

RE: Call for Consensus: Publishing EPUB 3.2 as a Final Community Group Report

From: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:40:52 -0300
To: "'MURATA Makoto'" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>, <public-epub3@w3.org>
Cc: "'EPUB 3 Community Group'" <public-epub3@w3.org>
Message-ID: <002a01d456c3$ea0080e0$be0182a0$@gmail.com>
Isn’t what you’re asking the responsibility of the business group, though? This is only a call for consensus that the CG is done with the revision, as I understand it, akin to what we used to do before requesting the IDPF board approve a specification. I assume the BG can decide on a review period and ask for any issues raised to be resolved before agreeing to publish. It is stated that their job is to ensure full engagement and agreement on the work of the CG among publishing group members.

 

Matt

 

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> 
Sent: September 27, 2018 19:58
To: public-epub3@w3.org
Cc: EPUB 3 Community Group <public-epub3@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Call for Consensus: Publishing EPUB 3.2 as a Final Community Group Report

 

-1

 

I feel sorry to vote no, especially because I failed to 

attend the last teleconf.  I planned to argue against but 

I could not wake up at 01:00 AM.

 

I have nothing against the process and quality of EPUB 3.2.  

It is by far the best in the EPUB 3 family.

 

But I remember that Apple ignored reserved prefixed introduced 

as part of EPUB 3.0.1.  They have a reason.  By soliciting 

testimonials from key players in this are, I would like to 

avoid such an unfortunate situation.  Providing testimonials 

is a strong yes vote.

 

But what happens if such key players find some issues 

when we ask them to provide testimonials?  Will we say 

"No, we won't fix them.  Too late."?  I would like to postpone 

the completion of EPUB 3.2 until we contact key players 

and get their testimonials.

 

Regards,

Makoto

 

2018年9月28日(金) 6:41 Kennedy, Naomi E <nkennedy@penguinrandomhouse.com <mailto:nkennedy@penguinrandomhouse.com> >:

+1

On 9/27/18, 1:31 PM, "Dave Cramer" <dauwhe@gmail.com <mailto:dauwhe@gmail.com> > wrote:

    Hi Everyone,

    During our call today, the CG decided to recommend publishing EPUB 3.2
    as a final community group report.

    This is a 72-hour-ish call for consensus: If you support the final
    publication of EPUB 3.2, please respond affirmatively to this email in
    the next 72 hours. A "+1" will suffice if you don't feel wordy. Please
    reply even if you were on the call today.

    If you are opposed to the final publication, please let us know, and
    preferably with much more than a "-1".

    Please respond by Midnight UTC on Monday, October 1, which is

    5:00PM PDT Monday (San Francisco)
    8:00PM EDT Monday (New York)
    2:00AM CEST Tuesday (Paris)
    1:00AM BST Tuesday (London)
    8:00AM JST Tuesday (Tokyo)
    4:30AM IST Tuesday  (Chennai)

    Thanks!

    Dave Cramer
    co-chair







 

-- 


Praying for the victims of the Japan Tohoku earthquake

Makoto
Received on Friday, 28 September 2018 00:41:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:44:31 UTC