Re: EPUB videos

Hi Siri -

You can add video to content in ePubs just as you do in HTML5.   Captioning
can be saved to the ePub as a "vtt" file and referenced as in HTML5.  Here
is a simple markup example:

<video width="320" height="240" controls>
   <source src="https://somevideo.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>
   <track src="../captions/somevideo.vtt" srclang="en" kind="captions"
label="English" type="text/vtt" default=""></track>
</video>

A VTT caption file is structured like this, where the time the caption is
going to be displayed is specified:

WEBVTT

1
00:00:00.000 --> 00:00:00.500

2
00:00:00.500 --> 00:00:03.630
Some caption

3
00:00:03.630 --> 00:00:05.560
some other caption

4
00:00:05.560 --> 00:00:07.860
some further caption

5
00:00:07.860 --> 00:00:10.200
etc.

There are ways to automate/script significant portions of the work
involved, which is too much to get into here.

I hope that helps some.  Here is more info:

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffry Buehler

Client Solutions

@learnknowbly <https://twitter.com/learnknowbly/>

kls.knowbly.com

you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any of its
contents. If you have received the message in error, please advise by
replying to this e-mail and deleting the message.