Re: New fundamental test book and covers

I worry about using cover alt as a delivery mechanism for metadata. In comics, there are frequently alternate covers, which are collectible in their own right. Describing the cover as "Title Ms. Marvel, Issue #17, Author: G. Willow Wilson, Cover alt #3" wouldn't be as informative in that context as actually "Cover alt #3 by Rachelle Rosenberg, Bruno holding a tiny Kamala in an erlenmeyer flask". Do we want to overload alt text in this way? It has a purpose, which is to describe images; the fact that in books the image is *often* just metadata doesn't mean it always is.

Picture books, too, often have a part of the story which actually begins on the cover.

Deborah