From: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2022 5:56 PM
To: Johnson, Rick <Rick.Johnson@vitalsource.com>; public-epub-wg@w3.org;
Michael Johnson <michaelj@benetech.org>; Ashley Wells Ajinkya
<ashleywa@benetech.org>; Pam Berkman <pamb@benetech.org>; George Kerscher
<georgek@benetech.org>
Subject: Re: Ben Schroeter

Rest In Peace Ben, my condolences to his family and all at Pearson. Ben
brought Pearson to Benetech's Global Certified Accessible program when we
were just piloting it back in 2017 and did the Publisher Faceoff at CSUN.

Ben was a strong advocate of accessibility and was a huge contributor to the
EPUB standards.

I will miss you, my friend.

Thanks

Charles

EOM

Charles LaPierre

Principal, Accessibility Standards, and Technical Lead, Global Certified
Accessible

Benetech

  _____