Re: [TF] Virtual Locators based on html or raw text

Hello,

I think that it's quite misleading to think that because publishers provide
a page list, reading systems will use them instead of generating their own
position list.

As I've pointed out in a separate section of our working document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GypOjE9xOTaINATl5bxVIA3Mc9jzNBGCr6GT_KNaQ4/edit#bookmark=id.2gd7n6l9y7gi>,
they're not the same thing:

   - string vs integer
   - complete vs incomplete (a page list can skip multiple references)
   - authored vs generated

Both will co-exist, even in a world where most EPUB contain a page list.
Before we even discuss "how" we generate these references, we should
acknowledge that we can't change every reading system out there and that
they have good reasons for keeping both references side by side.

This feels very similar to the whole discussion about markup in table of
contents, where we request something from RS that's pure wishful thinking
right now.

Best,
Hadrien