Re: [TF] Virtual Locators based on html or raw text

Hi Georges,

I certainly agree with you: publishers should provide page lists. This will be the case from 2025 (max) for every ebook distributed in Europe, since page lists have been selected as a mandatory feature of accessible ebooks.

From what I've seen so far, companies that ingest titles (i.e. e-distributors) never modify the content provided by publishers. In the trade sector, they don't have such a right.

In consequence, "calculated pages" may soon be something RS rarely have to compute. This is IMO another good reason for creating an algorithm that is not a software nightmare, and move to more interesting use cases (sharable annotations maybe?).

Best regards
Laurent