Re: It's been too long...

Rick,

we were all waiting for your return with impatience… Welcome back!

I think the following pointers may help you to start:

- Open issues on epub[1]. Of course, this is familiar to you but, as you can see, we succeeded in significantly reduce their numbers compared to when the WG started although, of course, the WG contributed tons of new one, too.

- We have rewritten a bit the overview document; the reason it may be a good start is because we have added a list of the current list of active documents in [3]. This is important because we have re-structured the original documents quite a bit, as you can see.

- We have a separate repository for testing[4], with a description of the current tests[5] and the way to add new ones[6]. Preparing a comprehensive test suite, and get implementations to provide implementation reports will be the main challenge for the WG in the coming year!

- If you have the patience and the stamina, you could of course read through the minutes[7] of the WG since it started :-)

It will be a pleasure to work with you again.

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/w3c/epub-specs/issues
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/epub-overview-33/
[3] https://www.w3.org/TR/epub-overview-33/#sec-documents
[4] https://github.com/w3c/epub-tests/
[5] https://w3c.github.io/epub-tests/
[6] https://w3c.github.io/epub-tests/contributing
[7] https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/epub-wg/Meetings/Minutes/

> On 18 Oct 2021, at 19:04, Johnson, Rick <Rick.Johnson@vitalsource.com> wrote:
>
> I’m (very) excited to let you all know that VitalSource has rejoined the W3C.  I’m looking forward to ‘rolling up my sleeves’ and getting (re)involved in all things EPUB, Accessibility, and the like.
>
> I know I have a lot to catch up on… and would appreciate any ‘pointers’ for where I can help.
>
> Looking forward to seeing all of you again, virtually for now, and in person someday soon I hope!
>

> Rick Johnson | Co-Founder and Vice President of Product Strategy and Accessibility
> VitalSource Technologies, LLC
> get.vitalsource.com  <https://get.vitalsource.com/>

----
Ivan Herman, W3C