Re: Advance notice: Working in progress on a Math Working Group Charter

> On 23 Nov 2020, at 17:26, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org> wrote:
>
> I totally agree this is important for digital publishing.
>
> On the other side, publishers are not quite clear about what should go into MathML Core.

Well, this is exactly the time when the conversation may and should happen...

> And with a reading app developer hat, what we're expecting is simply that browser vendors implement the result of this work, so it just works into web engine based reading apps like those based on the Readium toolkits.

The way I understood it group members have a strong involvement in the browser implementation work, too. Ie, there is some hope that whatever goes into MathML Core will be implemented. (Of course, time can only tell whether that will happen.)

Ivan

> Best regards
> Laurent
>
>> Le 23 nov. 2020 à 11:49, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> a écrit :
>>
>> I believe this may be of a real interest for the EPUB Working Group
>>
>> Ivan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/