Re: EOCred: Identifying subtypes of credential

Phil, I agree that a credentialType property is needed. I think that having
the range include both Text *and* URL to allow identification by URI where
available and text where not is appropriate. You are right that CTDL
defines subclasses of it's Credential class
<http://purl.org/ctdl/terms/Credential> and that no single enumeration will
handle the breadth of the range (and internationalization issues); but,
where such enumeration(s) exist, my sense is that they should be used. The
CTDL defines a credentialType <http://purl.org/ctdl/terms/credentialType>
property that is intended to be used wherever reference to a member of the
Credential class is needed. It's range now enumerates the CTDL subclasses;
but should likely reference more inclusively the Credential class.

As for use of TermDefinition to identify/define members of such
enumerations, I hope that it gets approved in a timely manner and that we
are not forced to even contemplate use of AlignmentObject (ugh...don't get
me started).

Stuart

--
Stuart A. Sutton, Metadata Consultant
Associate Professor Emeritus, University of Washington