RE: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

Very quickly: In competency modelling, levels such as beginner,
intermediate, advanced are usually NOT different levels of the same
competency. As one progresses through them, one gathers NEW skill and does
not simply improve old skills. So in competency modelling, at least, these
are related but different competencies. To clarify this, we speak of
*performance
levels*, which are measurable, ordered levels of the same competency (in
rubrics, for example, “does not meet,” “meets,” and “exceeds”).

I don’t know whether that really applies to *credentials* however. I would
just caution about confusing labels such as  “journeyman” or “master” which
I would call levels of *accomplishment* with levels of *performance*.

Robby Robson

*Eduworks*robby.robson@eduworks.com

NOTICE:  This communication may contain private, proprietary or
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or believe
you received this by mistake, please inform the sender and delete all
copies. Thanks!