Re: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

Fritz, I agree that the notion of "level" can be complex, but need not be
so. I would eliminate your second and third notions because: (1) the second
would and should be identified as a distinct credential (Bachelor os
Science in Software Engineering); and (2) the third is not an inherent
characteristic of the credential (as work) but rather the level of an
awarded credential--e.g., "Joe earned his Bachelor of Science in Software
Engineering Summa Cum Laude".

As Phil has noted elsewhere, the European take on the latter might be
different since, I believe, there is a closer tie in identifying
credentials to level of accomplishment.

--
Stuart A. Sutton, Metadata Consultant
Associate Professor Emeritus, University of Washington