Re: EOCred: Identifying subtypes of credential

On 01/02/18 13:53, Stuart Sutton wrote:
> Phil, you _did_ resolve the issue of the self-referential loop in the
> original version of the BCSP certification when the jsonld was
> translated to RDF turtle or rdf/xml.

Thanks for checking.

> ​
> Both credentialCategory and rdf:type in the graph image point to
> http://purl.org/ctdl/term/Certification because it is also included in
> the context.

Yes. I hope using the same thing as a Type and as a DefinedTerm for a
category is valid. I think that in this case a little bit of redundancy
is not a bad thing. It means that consumers of the data that understand
different approaches will get something they understand, but does not
mean that providers of data need to maintain duplicate data. As always,
I'm happy to consider what other people think :)

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090