Re: Selecting Authoring Tools - needs

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the feedback.

As it turns out, Eric did create a repo for the resouce (from the plane
over the Atlantic, no less!!!). I'm happy enough to use the Wiki, but I'm
thinking long term, it might be better if all the information was in one
place, being able to see the discussion via issues, etc, rather than having
multiple places to check for information about the document and the work
being done.

I'll do more work on the plan, based on your feedback.

Just to address your comment quickly about CMS, LMS, CRM developers not
being a target audience. I think they are. They are a subset of "web
developers". Having been on the core team of a major FOSS CMS (Joomla!),
and having interacted with many other teams working on other CMS, I can
tell you that they have a lot of things to consider when it comes to
accessible authoring tools. And with the reach they have, they are probably
one of the most important target group to reach - For example, recent
numbers show that WordPress is used on nearly 1/4 of all sites on the web.

And I'm happy about relaxing the timeline :)

Cheers

Nic