Fwd: Civic Data Challenge Update: The Creation Phase has Launched!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Alice Murphy" <amurphy@ncoc.net>
Date: May 24, 2013 10:32 AM
Subject: Civic Data Challenge Update: The Creation Phase has Launched!

Hi!

The Creation Phase of the Civic Data Challenge launches today! Over 100
people participated in a month long collective brainstorm - sharing their
civic problems and ideas. As a result, we collected nearly 30 great ideas
on how to help our communities thrive. We've identified three overarching
themes to help inform the Creation Phase of the Challenge:

   - Civic Infrastructure & Action
   - Public Services, Planning & Safety
   - Education & Generational Development

It's time to start creating your entries: Form a team, browse the ideas (or
create your own), work with the Civic Health data, engage with the
community, and create useful applications and visualizations that have an
impact. Read our blog post "The Creation Phase: What You Need to Know" for
more details (
http://www.civicdatachallenge.com/blog/post/the-creation-phase-what-you-need-to-know
).

We'll be offering support throughout the Challenge so make sure to check
our Resources page regularly: http://www.civicdatachallenge.com/resources.

You can download the rubric for the Challenge here:
http://www.civicdatachallenge.org/uploads/ChallengeRubric_20130521.pdf

The Civic Data Challenge has joined the National Day of Civic Hacking. Find
an event near you and begin working on your entry:
http://hackforchange.org/events

Best,

The Civic Data Challenge Team