Re: [euopendata] Classification of open datasets...

In addition to the vocabs that have been mentioned here (esp. W3C DCAT
and ADMS), a particularly interesting opportunity is Lexvo.org
<http://www.lexvo.org/>, which tries to solve the multi-lingual
problem using canonical terms in a particularly linked data-friendly
way.

>From their site: "Lexvo.org brings information about languages, words,
characters, and other human language-related entities to the Linked
Data Web and Semantic Web. The Linked Data Web <http://linkeddata.org>
is a worldwide initiative to create a Web of Data that exposes the
relationships between entities in our world. Lexvo.org adds a new
perspective to this Web by exposing how everything in our world is
connected in terms of language, e.g. by considering semantic
relationships between multilingual labels (like book or New York).
Lexvo not only defines global IDs (URIs) for language-related objects,
but also ensures that these identifiers are dereferenceable and highly
interconnected as well as externally linked to a variety of resources
on the Web...."

John