Re: vocabularies for parliamentary proceedings

Hi,

The govtrack resources pointed out by Dan has some interesting
vocabularies, they are a bit hidden though [1]

This page [2] has some interesting resources, even if not really oriented
towards interlinked vocabularies, in particular the Akoma XML schema [3].

For representing topics and document annotations, you should check out SKOS
(simple Knowledge Organisation System) or commontag [5], probably using the
anotea vocabulary to link them to other entities [6] (or other tagging
ontologies [7] [8] [9]).
Now, to represent a speech and it's structure, the closest that I know is
the SALT vocabulary [10], that provides a Document Structure schema [11]
and a rhetorical schema [12]. It says Latex in the name, but really it's
document>section>paragraph, so it could be anything.

I don't know of anything particular for speeches though, in the liguistic
field (and in natural language processing), they have many annotation
schemas for utterances, speech acts, etc. But it seems to be all very adhoc
to each dataset and never standardised in a proper schema.

I hope this helps,

Best

Pierre

[1] http://www.govtrack.us/data/rdf/schemas/
[2] http://www.ictparliament.org/node/335
[3] http://www.akomantoso.org/
[4] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/intro
[5] http://www.commontag.org/Home
[6] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/annotation-ns and
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/
[7] http://disi.unitn.it/~knowdive/dataset/delicious/
[8] SCOT, can't find the link for that :s
[9] http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/
[10] http://salt.semanticauthoring.org/
[11] http://salt.semanticauthoring.org/ontologies/sdo
[12] http://salt.semanticauthoring.org/ontologies/sro