Re: [sunlightlabs] Pass on to your local university - Code the Change: Call for Projects for the Fall 2012 Code Jam

Code the Change has a very strange view of equitable licensing:
https://codethechange.org/code-jam-copyright

They want coders to not only donate their time and expertise, but also
all commercial interest in the code?
That's quite a reach!

I'd suggest that all coders refuse those terms and instead offer a
perpetual, worldwide, non-revocable, royalty-free license WITHOUT
copyright assignment and without ANY restrictions on their own use of
the code.  If the coders are feeling generous, they can include
sub-licensing rights too.

I'm disappointed that an organization recruiting volunteers would
attempt to take advantage of them in this way.

Tom