 From: Brand Niemann <bniemann@cox.net>
To: "'Holm, Jeanne M (1760)'" <jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov>; 'public-egov-ig' <public-egov-ig@w3.org>; kmgov@list.jpl.nasa.gov
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 6:22 AM
Subject: RE: [kmgov] Big Data event announcement on-line

http://gov.aol.com/2012/03/30/defense-department-bets-big-on-big-data/

From:Holm, Jeanne M (1760) [mailto:jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:45 PM
To: public-egov-ig; kmgov@list.jpl.nasa.gov
Subject: [kmgov] Big Data event announcement on-line

Hi all--

Thought you might be interested in the Big Data webinar tomorrow from the White House.  "Researchers in a growing number of fields are generating extremely large and complicated data sets, commonly referred to as “big data.” A wealth of information may be found within these sets, with enormous potential to shed light on some of the toughest and most pressing challenges facing the nation. To capitalize on this unprecedented opportunity—to extract insights, discover new patterns and make new connections across disciplines—we need better tools to access, store, search, visualize, and analyze these data."

Thursday, March 28 from 2-3:30 pm EST (see attached for details)

Thanks to Ernie Lucier for forwarding…

--Jeanne

Jeanne Holm
Evangelist, Data.gov