mapping the conceptual space (was Restarting W3C eGov)

Gannon
thank you

glad you appreciate the problem, and surely there are many more layers
of complexity that would benefit from being identified, so that we can
start looking at each issue we tackle with a sense of perspective of
eGov  as whole.

The local dimension is important because thats where everything happen
'de facto'.  I have been mapping the gap between what happens at local
level (and what information becomes publicly available about it) in
various regions vs what is reported about the local level at global
level or the corresponding authority, and often there are different
stories....(will get back to valerie on separate email

It very much depends on what one is looking at, what method is being
used, what datasets are used, what words and concepts are used  etc.

Lots to map!

I look at the table you kindly populated here (thank you btw)
http://www.rustprivacy.org/2012/cctld/psp/find-es.xhtml

and wonder what I should do with it - I mean, how to use it?
:-)

I observer from example, that from initial visual inspection, it looks
like all the colums have exactly the same values , except for 'Named'.
  relationally speaking, this table contains redundant data, but not
sure
how you plan to use it.

Or maybe we should expect the values in the respective columns to grow
and develop into a different uri for each?

also, the interlingua colum seems to contain a mapping between two
vocabs,en and sp is that so?

but in reality, the vocabulary mapping challenge is beyond straight
translation from language a to language b
 perhaps, this colump contains a pointer to possible future ad hoc
vocabularies and conceptual mappings

also, from what i observe, no single data set actually reflects
'reality'  it would be good to include pointers also to non
governmental data sets, where available, for example independent
research, surveys carried out by the citizens (working on that as we
speak) and other types of evidence that may enrich, and sometimes even
contradict, the data in official datas

lots of layers of complexity that could be mapped before crunching datasets

best

Monalisa :-)