 From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
To: "Holm, Jeanne M (1760)" <jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov>
Cc: eGov IG (Public) <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: Restarting W3C eGov Meetings and Roadmap

Jane and all

additional thought:

I presume the work being done here is intended to be of global reach,
ie,applicable in principle to any country

Having studied how egov knowledge domain is developing worldwide (the
scope of W3C), I notice two easily identifiable poles:

1. local jurisdictions/legislation .  national /regional boundaries
seem to shape what is happening in egov
for example, EU vs USA etc. But there are subregions, EU is not an
even landscape, and presume the USA is not either. From a research
viewpoint, may be interesting to map these jurisdictions.I am
currently in Spain and the public administration I have spoken so far
have never heard of eGovernment.. I wonder what is happening in other
parts of the world.

2. language/information channels -  the majority of work in PA is done
in the local language, there seems to be a lot of asymmetry between
the lexical /conceptual heritage
in egov knowlege domain, depending i what language one is working,
also different knowledge sets.
A suggestion here may be that an egov shared vocab if adopted, should
be translated also in local languages, therefore, would be nice to
have local representatives from each jurisdiction participate in this
WG

cheers

PDM