Re: healthdata.gov/developer challenges

Good luck with everything Brand, I hope the distinction you're making works for you.

Believe it or not, people know how to find me without your website enabling spambots for my government email address.

-g

From: Brand Niemann <bniemann@cox.net<mailto:bniemann@cox.net>>
To: George Thomas <george.thomas1@hhs.gov<mailto:george.thomas1@hhs.gov>>
Cc: "W3C (All)" <public-egov-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-egov-ig@w3.org>>, Chris Musialek <christopher.musialek@gsa.gov<mailto:christopher.musialek@gsa.gov>>, "tpark@ostp.eop.gov<mailto:tpark@ostp.eop.gov>" <tpark@ostp.eop.gov<mailto:tpark@ostp.eop.gov>>, "jeanne. holm" <jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:jeanne.m.holm@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Subject: RE: healthdata.gov/developer challenges

George, Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not interested in submitting for the following reasons:

As I said in your session last week, we speak a different language, to me it is not about what one does to the data (technology), but what one does with the data (science, statistics, and visualizations):
http://gov.aol.com/2012/06/06/health-datapalooza-a-model-of-innovation/

This morning Dr. Holdren suggested I work on the U.S.  – India Health Initiative:
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/06/192007.htm

Last week at the Health Datapalooza, Jonathan Gluck suggested I help Dr. Merkin with more prizes:
http://gov.aol.com/2012/03/23/health-datapalooza-would-benefit-from-real-innovation-investment/

Brand

P.S. I need to keep your email there so people contact you and not me about your challenges.

Dr. Brand Niemann
Director and Senior Data Scientist
Semantic Community
http://semanticommunity.info