Re: Examples and a Use Case for Multi-channel delivery

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Chris Beer <chris-beer@grapevine.net.au> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I can vouch for Andrew and his work - this is one of those times where good
> advice from the group will go a great distance in ensuring a Government
> Agency with critical engagement services can get it right!
>
> Reading your email Andrew, I am immediately drawn to think of the
> similiarity in what you describe to systems such as Smart Traveller here in
> Australia, and that no doubt has like implementations the world over.
>
> For others on the list, Smart Traveller is the Australian Government's
> travel advisory and consular information service. While nominally it uses
> email notifications, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade takes a
> holistic and complete approach to using whatever channels are necessary to
> delivery advice to citizens overseas in problem areas, and to confirm the
> safety of citizens in these areas after, for instance, natural disasters
> such as Fukashima. The audience is diverse (having only in common the fact
> that they are citizens travelling or resident overseas) and the content can
> be complex (identity verfication, cross-state advice, travel arrangements,
> etc etc.)
>
> Who else has some examples?
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Beer

Thanks Chris,

kind words appreciated. I've looked at eTax, at pbs.gov.au, at the
Cloud Pilot work that DIAC did with Google last year, and I see many
points of light emerging in AU government. I'm proud to have been
involved in some of them. I'll certainly look into the SmartTraveller
experience, thank you for the tip.

In a wider sense, I think that the time is soon coming for the points
of light to start joining up - we're certainly getting there.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd