Re: [open-government] Public Data Catalog Priorities and Demand

Gerhard

I appreciate your mention, since reinventing the wheel without taking into
account what has been done and learned
until now is a massive waste of resources and its dishartening, and a
mistake

On the other hand we need to keep in mind (at least) two things:

- everthing nowadays is changing increasingly fast, especially cognitive
paradigm and norms, and only some of what is in the past continue to stay
relevant(and should be considered the foundation of what lies ahead, imho).
Some things have changed radically and some others continue to to be true

- we cannot expect people to be familiar with knowledge which is locked up.
can you please publish
a copy of the papers you wrote  one some public URL (your webpage for
example)? In my experience authors do have the privilege to make private
copies in small doses for personal use and share with their colleagues and
students (you can consider this community a learning community as far as I
can see) I assure you no legal proceedings will be brought against yo for
doing so under EU legislation :-) and everyone would be grateful

Best

PDM