Re: [GLD] Agenda for 2010-11-19 meeting

I'll really, really try.  If only to have a jetlagged Sandro to play with.

1. It seems to me from the FTF notes that self-funded Government "Outsiders" like myself have only a tiny role to play.  That's not a complaint, exactly.  It rather depends on the interpretation of "Open" data and "Free" data.  I believe that a proper (universal) model separates the two concepts.  Furthermore, that model should look like Planck's Law (Blackbody Radiation).  No data is free of cost, but inserting private IT consultancies between the source (Government) and the consumer (Citizen) is not the answer to the citizens' request for "Open" data. Governments are not News Organizations, and there is no value to high frequency updates.  Hey, it's Thursday, we call "York" "Yurk" on Thursdays', right ?  No, that doesn't happen, but you do not solve the problem by saying "I donno.  Call the Helpdesk".

2. People with tiny roles, can still be effective thorns in the feet of lions.  These are some XML data bases I've promised.  If the SemWeb is like a bag of chips, these are (nicely printed) empty bags.

http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/   (Help Desk Link)
http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/shp/  (Help Desk)

The voiD file should look something like this ...

@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
@prefix void: <http://rdfs.org/ns/void#> .
@prefix : <#> .

## Three Layer Governance Map
<http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/shp/void.ttl#SOI> rdf:type void:Dataset ;
 foaf:homepage <http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/shp/index.html> ;
 dcterms:title "Sphere Of Influence Framework" ;
 dcterms:description "Three Layer Governance Maps" ;
 dcterms:license <http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/1.0/> ;
 void:uriLookupEndpoint <http://lookup.dbpedia.org/> ;
 void:vocabulary <http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#> ;
 void:exampleResource <http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/shp/index.html> ;