Re: Linked Data

Sorry for coming back so late re this - was on travel and hence a bit of a
backlog.

> I think Cory is asking procedurally, what should a peice of software do
> to discover VoiD triples about a dataset, given on the the URI of the
> dataset.

Well, as we are in the Linked Data world, this is straight-forward:

1. You have the URI of an RDF document, say http://dbpedia.org/data/Berlin

2. In this document you have a triple that says (old scheme):

   <http://dbpedia.org/data/Berlin> dcterms:isPartOf  :DBpedia .

3. So, eventually one only needs to dereference the :Dbpedia URI, which is
the voiD description of the dataset

Alternatively, there are case where one might want to use the sitemap-based
discovery as described in [1].

Please let me know if this answers you question or there is still something
unclear. All of this works due to applying the Linked Data principles, that
is working with dereferenceable URIs.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://rdfs.org/ns/void-guide#sec_5_2_Discovery_via_sitemaps