Re: [Soc Med] Best Practice initial draft - discussion

Hi Everyone..
      In the case of accessibility, currently facebook is not 508 compliant.
Youtube only recently has captioning available. Agencies are on facebook and
were on youtube though and instead had policies usually which they would
post similar content in accessible places.
       So what I am saying is that going there the community is and being
accessible can conflict so I wonder if we would go along with the current
method that the same engagement opportunity must be offered at an accessible
location if it is also offered in an non 508 compliant location?

Also should we talk about things such as long term vs short term
(accumulation of audience of over time as well as campaign style soc media
efforts) as well as using tools to research audiences well when deciding on
where to engage?
            Ken-OpenGovBlog.org

5) The governmental entity should assure that the entity is accessible.
Social media should not be the sole channel of communication or engagement
by a government. Instead social media should be one of multiple channels to
contact and interact with the agency. It is also highly useful for the
entity to create a directory of the entity's social media accounts and to
post this information on the agencies Web site

--
Ken Fischer
How we think: Using the audience as a lens to find opportunity.

Disclaimer: This message contains privileged and confidential information of
ClickforHelp.com Inc. and is intended only for the individual named. If you
are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute,
store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this  e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.