Re: Technical issues impacting government use of linked data

On 03/12/2010 09:21 AM, Cory Casanave wrote (in reverse order):
> What are the existing or proposed
> conventions and ontologies to satisfy these requirements?
 >
> 1) That given a data URI, there is no standard way to programmatically
> access the metadata about the resource.

Obviously I wasn't on the call and don't know what was discussed, but
some points-

The Linked Data 'movement' started, as I recall, in the use of http:
URIs as the convention for all RDF resources. By using http:, there's
implicitly a web page that can be accessed for more information about
that resource --- a page that can be in RDF format itself.

> 2) That given a data URI there is no standard programmatic way to access
> a SPARQL query point for that resource and/or for associated resources.

See: http://sw.deri.org/2007/07/sitemapextension/

- Josh Tauberer
- CivicImpulse / GovTrack.us

House as props."