Proposal to structure new eGov IG (was: Re: eGov at W3C: Next Steps.)

All,

I like Ed's approach regarding the new eGov IG. Maybe the following model
could work:

The eGov IG has X Task Forces (TF) and an equal number of co-chairs, that
is, for example, if we settle on 4 TF, there would be 4 co-chairs. I think
there is no need to do IG-wide telecons or F2F meetings besides TPAC or a
alike. Each Task Force is dedicated to a certain topic. I propose - based on
the current eGov IG charter draft - the following topics and chairs (hence
team-egov@w3 in CC):

1. eGov Interoperability TF
 Deals with standards and best-practices from other bodies, including
 IETF/OASIS/etc., which could also address the 'data dynamics' bits set out
 by Ed.

 Chair: I nominate Ed Summers (if Ed can't, maybe someone from SEMIC.EU?)

2. eGov Accessibility TF
 Working together with WAI groups, this TF connects government people with
 WAI resources and develops best practices for Accessibility in PSI.

 Chair: ?

3. eGov Social Media TF
 Develops best practices for using social media platforms in PSI, incl.
 Twitter, FB, etc.

 Chair: ?

4. eGov Cloud Computing TF
 Provides overview on available CC offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), including
 hybrid CC setups and cost/benefits and best practices.

 Chair: (not sure if I can nominate myself, but ...) I nominate myself.

Cheers,
      Michael

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow