RE: Macro-massive electronic systems (questions posed)

Mike - nice question; nice story.

The Observer Effect  is something that I describe as the Heisenberg
Uncertainty Principal seen as fractal:  something that is the same at any
scale, from the subatomic scale (where Heisenberg described it) all the way
up to the human and beyond...

There is no doubt that it is in play at the human level in the online world.
It is described in other circles as the chilling effect of surveillance,
whether it relates to behaviour on social networks, response to behavioural
targeting in advertising or traditional surveillance.  All of which make it
a very hot topic.

Regards

Malcolm Crompton

Managing Director