Re: [dcat] Tomorrow's dcat Agenda

hello.

On Apr 22, 2010, at 5:29, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:

> One of the things I'd like to address in today's call is to
> understand any use cases or requirements that cannot be met well by
> an RDF-only solution, so input from those who have experience with,
> or have a preference for, Atom, JSON, OPML etc will be especially
> important today.

interesting approach. i guess it's pretty clear that there is nothing
that cannot be done by an RDF-only approach; after all, it's just
buulding interactions around structured data, and this can be done by
picking any metamodel to build on. in the end it's a question of
whether you want to build your services using the architectural style
of the web, or that of the semabtic web.

i am saying this because approaching this from a functional angle does
not ask the relevant questions. the relevant questions to ask are non-
functional, such as ease of use, complexity of the technology stack,
availability of tools on the widest possible range of platforms,
availability of generic user agents, ability to decentralize, ability
to pipeline, and so forth.

cheers,

dret.