Re: Group Call Tomorrow

All -

I agree with Jose - if 'best practice' means anything, we should expect to
find (or establish) common practices, and I would assume that this group
would be interested in compiling them.

Further to Chris Beer's point about the availability of Australian state web
guidelines, it takes digging but most can be found on the web:

*Australian Capital Territory*:
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/docs/Website_Development_Mgt_Standard.doc(this
however is only through a third-party site; I wasn't able to find a
copy on the ACT site itself)

*New South Wales*:
http://www.gcio.nsw.gov.au/products-and-services/policies-guidelines/copy_of_nsw-government-website-style-directive-1

*Queensland *has an 'internet' standard:
http://www.qgcio.qld.gov.au/qgcio/architectureandstandards/informationstandards/current/Pages/Internet.aspx

- and 'Consistent User Experience' guidelines:
http://www.qld.gov.au/web/cue/overview/

*South Australia*
http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Corporate+information/Office+of+the+Chief+Information+Officer/Policies+and+standards/Applications+and+internet

- with related standards here:
http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Corporate+information/Office+of+the+Chief+Information+Officer/Policies+and+standards

*Tasmania* - a number of related standards here:
http://www.egovernment.tas.gov.au/

*Western Australia *Website Governance Framework:
http://www.egov.dpc.wa.gov.au/POLICIESANDGUIDELINES/WEBSITEGOVERNANCEFRAMEWORK/Pages/Default.aspx

I could not find standards for the Northern Territory, though I will try
some other avenues.

Regards,
Bruce